Thursday, May 2, 2013

a birthday week

Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband today!

He's at work today but we celebrated on Tuesday night with a big group of friends! So, if you don't know, we live in a tiny one bedroom basement apartment and I think we had 27 people crammed in here!! We loved it!! We ate pizza, salad, veggies, chips, hot wings...and lots of drinks! Thanks everyone for providing the extra food! We had a big stack of pizza boxes outside our door the next morning! It looked like all we ate was pizza!! Lucas and I really had a good time, we don't mind being crunched in a small space with people we love. It was great being able to see everyone and fellowship with other believers (= Oh, and for future parties for all you ladies, I have found the secret to having a nice clean house after a big party with food-- hold the party in a smaller room and/or don't have places for people to set stuff down! Since our apartment is so small and we had so many people packed in here there was no room for people to set down there plates, etc. So, everyone threw their trash away! So, literally we had hardly any clean up from the party! We put some chairs back in place and threw away three cups, that was IT! Since we used all disposable plates and cups all I had was a small sink of silverware to do. It was amazing!

So, we've had a really nice week so far (= There has been one thing on my mind though. I posted a pro-life picture on my Facebook and I had a gal I was acquainted with start a conversation about it. She's a pro-choice-er so it obviously turned more into a debate than a discussion. I was trying to logically explain my view and she was doing the same-- but we would never see eye to eye. I was very disturbed by the conversation for most of the duration of it (it was a conversation that lasted a few days). I couldn't tell if I was disturbed by her exactly or by the lies she had been hearing and telling herself. Since she isn't a believer she is under no obligation to follow scripture or morality, so I wasn't upset with her about that, but I think I was sad for her mainly, not like I pitied her, but genuinely sad for her. Living under the idea that there are no consequences for your actions sounds great to anyone, but after so long living like that guilt creeps up behind you and starts to take you apart piece by piece. Bitterness starts eating you heart away. I think we've all seen this in someone to some degree. The only thing I can do for her is pray, so I've been prayer for her all week. It's amazing how prayer can calm the soul and mind. I pray that when the moment comes when God knocks at the door of her heart that she would answer-- that someone would come into her life that was encouraging and knows the Truth to help start guiding her in a Godly direction. God says to pray for our enemies, I did and he calmed my spirit. The greatest part about the great commission is it's not our job to save people. I used to be under the illusion that it was-- that's God's job. My job is to show people that we all have a fatal disease (sin) and the only way to cure it is through the gospel (Jesus)-- after that my job is done. It's between them and God then.

1 comment:

  1. YES the party was great! Wow, that was a lot of people in a tiny place! =D I think the kids were a little worried about getting stepped on/squished. Lol =)

    I don't think I saw the conversation on/about the pro-life picture... some great thoughts about what is our job and what is God's! =) Really liked it. Praying she chooses to seek out The Truth and finds real life and joy and peace!

    ReplyDelete